- RSS Channel Showcase 1873882
- RSS Channel Showcase 8480545
- RSS Channel Showcase 8099390
- RSS Channel Showcase 8313335
Articles on this Page
- 01/28/16--22:16: _5 Ways to Stay Fit ...
- 02/11/16--01:19: _How to Stay Fit on ...
- 03/17/16--05:20: _Tapering, The White...
- 04/07/16--06:15: _You Gotta Do What Y...
- 05/06/16--05:43: _5 Things to Know Ab...
- 08/09/16--07:59: _Swim-Bike-Run-Stren...
- 09/27/16--21:39: _Don’t Sweat It: Use...
- 10/13/16--21:12: _The Final Friday Five
- 10/21/16--08:03: _6 Yoga Bag Essentia...
- 11/17/16--05:44: _Zengo Cycle Review
- 11/23/16--05:20: _Running? We’ve Got ...
- 12/23/16--06:19: _All I Want For Chri...
- 03/31/17--03:15: _Tips for Staying Fi...
- 04/07/17--08:42: _From Russia, With Love
- 04/19/17--03:15: _Jet Lag, Be Gone
- 09/28/17--06:19: _6 Single Mom Workou...
- 01/04/18--05:41: _New Year, New Goals?
- 01/28/16--22:16: 5 Ways to Stay Fit While Traveling
- 02/11/16--01:19: How to Stay Fit on Business Trips
- 03/17/16--05:20: Tapering, The White House, and The White House Again
- 04/07/16--06:15: You Gotta Do What You Can
- 05/06/16--05:43: 5 Things to Know About Indoor Rock Climbing
- 08/09/16--07:59: Swim-Bike-Run-Strength Training
- 09/27/16--21:39: Don’t Sweat It: Use the Right Deodorant
- 10/13/16--21:12: The Final Friday Five
- 10/21/16--08:03: 6 Yoga Bag Essentials & a Giveaway!
- 11/17/16--05:44: Zengo Cycle Review
- 11/23/16--05:20: Running? We’ve Got Running.
- 12/23/16--06:19: All I Want For Christmas Is…
- 03/31/17--03:15: Tips for Staying Fit in Your 40s
- 04/07/17--08:42: From Russia, With Love
- 04/19/17--03:15: Jet Lag, Be Gone
- 09/28/17--06:19: 6 Single Mom Workout Tips
- 01/04/18--05:41: New Year, New Goals?
Countdown: two days. Two days until I embark on a big, long business trip. Over the course of 22 days I’ll be going to New York, back to DC, then off to Europe, where we’ll go to 11 cities in Spain, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, and Poland. Then back to DC and then up to New […]
While I’m away in Europe for work for a few weeks, I have a few guest posts from some awesome bloggers. Today’s post comes to you from Coco of Running with Perseverance with her strategy on how to stay fit on business trips. Since it’s the main focus of the month of February for me, I thought it was […]
A funny thing happened while I was tapering for Rock n Roll DC Half Marathon. I had a “very DC” kind of week. Sure, I had the usual track workout on Wednesday – the last of the training program. And the Soul Cycle class with Mar on Thursday (pic in this Friday Five post). But […]
The post Tapering, The White House, and The White House Again appeared first on You Signed Up For WHAT?!.
Hmm, regular training recaps were going to be coming, right? Right. Last week I had a crazy week, and this week I’ve had a host of challenges. I have some personal things going on that I’ll explain at a future date, but suffice to say my schedule is turned upside-down lately. So here’s the weekly training […]
Today’s Friday Five starts with a confession: On Saturday I skipped my bike workout and went indoor rock climbing. My coach had a 25-mile bike ride, plus a 2-mile run on the training plan and it just didn’t happen. Fine, you may think that makes me not a not-so-dedicated triathlete, but sometimes you’ve got to […]
Cardio. It can be the key to great fitness. But is it really? I love cardio – with a passion, in fact. It’s what makes me feel amazing, alive, like I’m working hard, and like I’m changing myself with every step. I can feel the calorie burn as I run the miles. It’s what’s gotten me to […]
This post is sponsored by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own, including the fact that I sweat and need my favorite deodorant. Okay, fitness friends, let’s talk about something we are often too polite to talk about. Sweat. I’ll assume if you’re reading this blog, you are either active or want to be active. So if sweating isn’t already […]
It’s Friday. It’s a special Friday – the fnal Friday Five linkup. I don’t have a running, triathlon, or fitness-themed topic today. I don’t have this post packaged up in a bow with a fancy, pinnable image. I’m just going to talk honestly about blogging, friendship, and fitness. You see, as I mentioned in last Friday’s post, […]
Throughout my fitness journey, I’ve not only become a runner and a triathlete, but I’ve also developed a love of yoga. Yoga has helped me de-stress, get stronger, find focus, and re-energize. It’s amazing how one activity can serve so many purposes. I try to incorporate yoga into my fitness routine regularly, whether it’s at a studio or at […]
It’s no secret that I’m a lover of indoor cycling classes. Sure, as a triathlete, the best possible training is to be riding my actual bike, but I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m a bit of cycling class addict and incorporate it into my training. Cycling classes are a fantastic workout, super motivating, and lots of […]
Whew, this is the quietest I’ve been here. It’s not by design, it’s just been a busy time lately. But now… it’s ON. Everything seems A-OK with the sprained ankle. I’ve rested, I’ve recovered, and I’ve healed. And I’ve run. Healing an injury is stressful and confusing, but it’s all going well here in post-sprained-ankle-land. And […]
And just like that… it’s Christmas this weekend. I always say it sneaks up on me more and more each year. But here it is, December 23, and I am mostly done with my shopping. I had to let some things go and prioritize what mattered the most, but I got the part-time job of […]
Staying fit in your 40s is just a tad bit harder than when we were younger, am I right? While I’m off on my international business trip, check out these Tips for Staying Fit in Your 40s from my friend Erika at MCM Mama Runs! She’s an obsessive runner but has some other great tips […]
I’m writing this from Russia, with love. Kinda. More like with haste, fatigue, and a frazzled brain. It’s been an intense, whirlwind week in Russia on my business trip, and it’s not quite over. The jet lag coming over was not something unfamiliar to me. I don’t sleep much on planes, so the first 48 hours […]
The good thing about international travel is that when it’s over, you have an excuse for sleeping a lot. In my case, the problem with sleeping a lot was that life didn’t stop the moment I got back from Russia. I returned and life was rolling in full force. But I was jet lagged. Work didn’t stop – […]
Being a mom makes it hard to do things for yourself. But being a single mom makes a lot of things even more challenging. Simple things like running out to the store, taking the dog for a walk, or grabbing takeout are not so simple when they involve getting three kids out the door to accompany you. […]
The new year always offers the feeling of a fresh start, a fresh perspective. A blank canvas upon which to write a new chapter of your story. I’ve been reflecting on what I want my 2018 “story” to include. Last year, my fitness goals were so clear – I had IRONMAN Lake Placid 2017 etched […]